The past week has deserved an extra day off and day off I had. Following a busy week and sort of a lazy/mopey day yesterday, a free, beautiful Memorial Day hanging with my dear friend was just what the doctor ordered. Today I realized something. A milestone has passed this week and it's been tough because I don't have much to look forward to at the moment. I've been busy soaking up the present, but that's been a difficult present to live in. It's important to do that, but the time has come to lift my chin up and look forward.
So today I decided to make a list of summer adventures I want to go on. In effort to soak up every moment of Minnesota awesomeness, making a list is the best way to be intentional and actually make that happen. So here ya go:
Shelly's List of Summer Adventures
- Camping/Backpacking on an overnight.
- Go to the Stonearch bridge.
- Go to Stillwater (It's about time. Right, Katy?)
- Some sort of water activity -- tubing, canoeing, etc.
- Begin learning harmonica.
- Write 4 new songs.
- Happy Hour on Stella's roof patio.
- At least 2 Sunday afternoons at a lake beach doing absolutely nothing.
- buy produce at Minneapolis Farmer's Market.
- Make salmon for dinner.
- Go to Valley Fair (& take bathing suit this year).
- Outdoor concert and/or summer movie.
- Explore a new area of the cities (including going to a new restaurant or coffee shop)
- Eat at Seasalt.
- Read 2 books about campus ministry/college aged people.
- Go fishing.
- Run, walk, or rollerblade (hopefully a couple of times a week)
- Try a new food.
- Dress up and go dancing.
- Go to a Saints game.
- Tell someone how I see Jesus in them.
- Be Jesus to someone.
- Go on a road trip of some sort.
- See a show at the Guthrie.
- Put red in my hair.
- Surprise someone with a gift.
- Bring joy.